Facebook Live is one of the newest and most popular tools for budding musicians and anyone looking to connect with fans online. Like any livestreaming service, including Periscope, it offers people anywhere in the world the ability to watch you and comment as they view. Unlike other streaming services, it integrates with the Facebook platform so that your fans and followers can get notifications whenever you go live.
Why Facebook Live?
Facebook Live is the easiest streaming service to get started with since all you need is a Facebook page and some Wi-Fi. Facebook also has millions of users who might be interested in what you’re doing at any given time, so you will benefit from greater organic reach than other platforms. Once your live video is over, it will remain on your Facebook page where you can view numerous analytics that let you know how your video was received.
Our Best Facebook Live Tips
- Brainstorm ideas for broadcasts. Many musicians have live jam sessions, Q&A sessions or live performances that they place on Facebook Live.
- Promote your broadcast in advance so that your loyal fans can watch and share with their friends.
- Always broadcast for at least ten minutes. Building an audience while you’re live is important, and it’s almost impossible for people to respond to a Facebook attention in only a few minutes! The best, most successful music broadcasts are 15-30 minutes long.
- Title your broadcast something fun that lets people know what you expect. Try incorporating action phrases like “come with me” or “make music with me” to get fans excited about your content.
- Engage with your audience while you are broadcasting. Facebook Live’s success is built around the reality that people want to communicate with people and artists they love in real time. Answer questions, encourage followers to like the broadcast and ask questions to your fans.
Work with the Professionals at ECHE Music
At ECHE Music, we are dedicated to helping independent Christian recording artists build their fanbase, promote their music effectively and learn the business of music. To join our community, please visit our website.