When should I get a booking agent?
You might be ready to work with a booking agent if most or all of the following factors are happening in your career:
- You have a large regional following.
- You are earning $50,000 a year from performance fees.
- You perform in the types of venues agents regularly book; Clubs, festivals, performing arts centers, concert sheds, concert halls, colleges
- You are able to tour professionally and have some support team members helping to keep you informed, in contact with the media, in regular contact with your fans.
- There is documented demand for your act such as your previous two years of contracts, performance fees and merchandise records.
For more details, listen to the following tele-seminar:
Hot Tips About Working with Agents
This is part of an email series for Indie artists from Jeri Goldstein of Performingbiz.com.